GlobalSecurity.org Forums - Security, Defense, and Military Discussion Jobs White Papers Bookstore
Reliable Security Information
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Petition to IMPEACH ALL Senators who Voted for "U.S. is a Battlefield" and to detain

Registered Member

Cool USA Union of South Africa

When you replied to the thread that "They would storm your house anyway if you were doing something illegal" I wonder if you appreciate the US Constitution and it's Guarentees of American Citizens Rights to freedom from unreasonable search and seizure as well as the protection of personal papers and the right of every citizen (except ex-convicts and mental patients)to bear and own weapons and ofcourse free speech and the right to petition and campaign.

I am not aware unfortunately of the constitution of the South African society, although many commonwealth nations do tap phones eytc without a warrant. The issue here is the freedom from detention without an arrest warrant and habeus ciorpus and a trial of American Citizens. This would be essentially suspension of said habeus corpus, as President Lincoln did during the US Civil war and this was precedentially later overruled by the Supreme Court. The War on Terror and the Patriot Act haver changed many of these freedoms in order to detain and kill enemies of our society here. All international communications are monitored and have been for decades by NSA. Glad to see apartheid has been discontinued as well as your nuclear weapons program in S Afrika.

Registered Member

In reply to my reply. The NDAA was made law with a signing statement that the president has vowed to enforce with respect to Us Citizens rights. I disagree that "politicians don't represent the voice of the people". The balance of them are idealistic people who love their country and do their level best to create laws to help the people. While the multiparty system does represent very different philosophies of how to govern. I am satisfied that our legislaters and executives and justices are elected and debate new law in good faith. There have been leaders who have been fired, impeached and censured and I have faith in this system. I and many others welcome your comments but without facts to back up your statements I wonder if it is viewed as a rant. The false flag nuclear attack seems relevant what have you read? I appreciate your passion, as a student myself I believe in open debate of any policy with some research/footnotes of the facts desirable.

Registered Member

Washington Republicans want to repeal NDAA
    By The Stranger February 3, 2012

Reps. Jason Overstreet, Matt Shea, Vincent Buys, Cary Condotta and David Taylor, all Republicans, have introduced HB 2759, or the Washington State Preservation of Liberty Act. With the bill, the lawmakers aim to tackle the NDAA provisions that make American citizens on par with al-Qaeda terrorists in terms of making anyone in the US eligible for stay at the Guantanamo Bay military prison.

http://pcrcollective.org/?p=740

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Alexander Stewart View Post
    In reply to my reply. The NDAA was made law with a signing statement that the president has vowed to enforce with respect to Us Citizens rights. I disagree that "politicians don't represent the voice of the people". The balance of them are idealistic people who love their country and do their level best to create laws to help the people. While the multiparty system does represent very different philosophies of how to govern. I am satisfied that our legislaters and executives and justices are elected and debate new law in good faith. There have been leaders who have been fired, impeached and censured and I have faith in this system. I and many others welcome your comments but without facts to back up your statements I wonder if it is viewed as a rant. The false flag nuclear attack seems relevant what have you read? I appreciate your passion, as a student myself I believe in open debate of any policy with some research/footnotes of the facts desirable.
    Your democratic system is good, I agree, if it is a real one like what it sounds. Too bad it is stolen by the inside group and has become a covert totalitarian country already. The rulers of this country selected candidates of thier own by rigged election (because they control the intelligence) and justify the voting result by fake poll (because they control the media).

Here is the truth you demanded:

Bush's story proves the election is only a puppet show.

Bush was awarded the president of US in 2000. Even Clinton did a good job in his term. There was a historical surplus when Bill left the White House. Yet the Inside Group gave the seat to Bush. Because what they needed was a soulless puppet who willingly to satisfy citizens' lives for Mid-east war. (he activated false flag 911 attack)

Bush was awarded the President of US again in 2004. Because he was proved an obedient puppet. And the Group needed more war - war on Iran. Even he was provedf a big swindler whom lied into Iraq war.

Registered Member

Ron Paul is the most popular candidate. Yet, he can never win because the election system is a rigged one.

Ron Paul Openly Calls GOP Election Fraud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_LWR...ayer_embedded#

Registered Member

Obama sued over indefinite detention and torture of Americans act

17 January, 2012, 02:28

US President Barack Obama is the target of a suit filed by Pulitzer Prize-winner Hedges, and the reasoning seems more than obvious to him. The decision to take the commander-in-chief to court comes as a response to President Obama’s December 31 signing of the National Defense Authorization Act, or NDAA, a legislation that allows the US military to detain American citizens indefinitely at off-site torture prisons like Guantanamo Bay.

Obama amended the NDAA with a signing statement on New Year's Eve, insisting that while the Act does indeed give him the power to detain his own citizens indefinitely without charge, that doesn’t mean he will do so. Specifically, Obama wrote that his administration “will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens.” Under another piece of legislation, however, the government is being granted the right to suspend citizenship of any American if the Enemy Expatriation Act joins the ranks of the NDAA as an atrocious act approved by the president.

http://rt.com/usa/news/obama-hedges-ndaa-sued-933/
    ------------------------

Registered Member

NDAA Nullification Passes Virginia Senate by a Veto-Proof 39-1 Vote
    Posted by Michael Boldin

Today, the Virginia Senate took a firm stand in support of liberty, the Constitution for the United States, and the Constitution of Virginia by voting in favor of House Bill 1160 (HB1160), the “NDAA Nullification Act.”

The final vote was 39-1.

After a motion to recommit (delay until next year) went down to the wire before being rejected yesterday (report here), groups across the political spectrum activated in support of the legislation, which codifies in law that no agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia – including defense forces and national guard troops, will comply with or assist the federal government in any way under it’s newly claimed powers to arrest and detain without due process.

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012...oof-39-1-vote/

Registered Member

Ron Paul Demands Repeal of NDAA in Post-Primary Speech

Posted by clnews Thursday, February 2nd, 2012
    http://consciouslifenews.com/ron-pau...peech/1124191/

Registered Member

Indefinite Detention Blocked: District Judge Rules On Controversial Provision Of NDAA
    By LARRY NEUMEISTER 05/16/12 A.P.

NEW YORK -- A judge on Wednesday struck down a portion of a law giving the government wide powers to regulate the detention, interrogation and prosecution of suspected terrorists, saying it left journalists, scholars and political activists facing the prospect of indefinite detention for exercising First Amendment rights.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1522654.html

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information